Skip to main content

Family information directory

Skip to main content

Parent Carer Break Grant


These are payments made to support parents who have a disabled child under 18 living in Surrey  who are not currently receiving services from Surrey County Council children’s services/don’t have a social worker. Parents cannot apply directly themselves but anyone working with a family can apply on your behalf - such as the local carers support workers or one of the Action for Carers Surrey team, teachers and Home School Link workers, nurses and health visitors, Children’s Centre managers, Early Years Support coordinators etc - having completed either an Early Help Assessment or Carers Support assessment with you.

Carer Break Grants can be used to fund a family holiday, a short break for parents, a training course for a parent, childcare to give a parent a break, a contribution towards your child accessing play or activities, days out, equipment to help you as a parent carer and much more.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Short Breaks Team
01372 832896
  • Updated: 17 Sep 2021